Monday, April 28, 2008

Rain Dance

I had left late from the office that day.I walked past the empty parking lots into the beautiful forest pathway in my office.

Well into summer the trees were a lovely green and woods dark brown from the morning rain.I looked at the lake and the silent ducks.They were floating as if in perfect harmony with the towering trees.
I hummed a soft "la la la " into myself.Wat a bliss of Nature.

And suddenly it rained .Not a drizzle.It was a big rain.I looked at the empty road behind and carefully scanned the trails among the dark woods.It was empty.

I began to jump and swirl in the rain singing
"Poo pol en nenjai koithaval" from minnale loudly as I reached the far end of the pathway

I heard some movement and stopped.There was a couple walking from the opposite trail.There is no way they would have missed my dance.
They had big grins in their faces.
I said a "How r u ?" with a big smile loaded with lots of embarassment,shock and a little bit of happiness.
There is no way all three of us could forget that dance.

No comments: