Monday, May 12, 2008

Mercy of Greater Gods

I checked my mail box well after a week. My friend in Atlanta had already told me that she will be sending a surprise gift. I had frequented the mailbox last week looking for the gift. As I checked it today I saw a big package squeezed into the box, sitting among trash advertisements and discount coupons.

I got the package out with some pulling and pushing. I felt the package trying to guess what it will be. Impatient as I am, I opened the package. There was this beautiful book "Diary of Traveling Preacher" by Indradyumna Maharaj. I have great respect and admiration for his diaries in www.Traveling-preacher.com. It was indeed a great surprise gift. I thanked my friend. As I opened the book it had a hand written message.

To Quiller
You have my blessing for your progress in Krishna Consciousness. I pray this book will inspire you. Please write to me.
Indradyumna Swami
"

My excitement knew no bounds. My friend has got his signature when he stopped in Atlanta for an hour. Now the alchemist post below looks so meaningless.